Visiting popular tourist spots and temples in Tamil Nadu can surely be tiring and you will be famished with food; because the state has innumerable places to admire. It is obvious that you would want to have some delicious meals and explore food to treat your palate.
Here is a list of Must try food places at these Tamil Nadu tourist Spots.
When in Chennai:
- Seena Bhai in Bose road, Chennai is serving delicious Dosas uthapams and idlis since 1977! They even have kathi rolls and pizzas.
- One Iconic non-veg restaurant is Nair Mess who’s banana leaf serving is quite popular. Chicken chukka, sea food thali, chicken masala are some must try dishes.
- Dakshin –Crown Plaza, Alwerpet; a fine dining restaurant is perfect for coastal dishes like masala fried prawns, and veg lovers would surely want to have banana dumpling!
- Murugan Idli shop in T Nagar will surely make you fall for its idlis and Jigarthandai.
When in Ooty:
- Ooty Coffee house in Elk Hill, ooty has some iconic brews to offer.
- Kingstar Confectionery, Elk Hill, is popular for chocolates since 1942. Black currant, fig, strawberry mango! They have all kinds of flavors
- Satisfy your craving for Biryani in Hyderabad Biryani Centre at Walsham Road. Apollo Prawns and Mutton Biryani are their specialties.
- Earl’s Secret at oriental buildings Marlimulund, is a colonial-era bungalow restored as hotel which serves Continental and Italian cuisines.
When in Pondicherry:
- Café des Arts is a cute cafe in Sufferen Street, to have flavorful meals and wide range of desserts at. Croquemonsier, gazpacho, fondant au chocolate are some popular dishes.
- Le Dupleix in white town is one of the family restaurants to try out their famous dishes like Prawn Risotto, chicken biryani and fish delicacies.
- Villa Shanti is a beach restaurant in white town, puducherry is popular for ravioli, stuffed chicken and pastas.
- Mission street and Lenin street are must try Bondas and Masala Puris respectively.
When in Kodaikanal:
- Astoria Veg Restaurant in Anna Salai, Kodaikanal has delicious Parathas, Malai Kofta, Paneer Masala, and other north Indian food.
- Cloud Street at Sunday Market Road is a perfect restaurant to have cheesy toasts, sandwiches, pizzas, and pasta. Don’t forget their rich brownies and apple crumble.
- Muncheez is a must-visit when in Kodaikanal located at 144PT road. They serve the best burgers and fries and wraps.
When in Coimbatore:
- Sree Anandhaas and Sree Annapoorna are popular for places to have mouth watering dosas, idlis and lemon rice.
- Junior kuppanna in Gandhipuram is well known for non-veg items like Pallipalayam Chicken, Fish Chukka, Pepper chicken and mutton biryani.
When in Madurai :
- Another Murugan Idli outlet in Madurai at west masi street is popular for its fluffy idlis and delightful chutneys.
- Konar Mess reveals the love for the mutton of Madurai, Located at north veli street, it is well-known for Kari dosa.
- Jigarthanda is famous for this beautiful sugary sweet dessert called Jigarthandai.
When in Rameshwaram:
- Gujarat Bhojanalaya at sandhi street serves some delightful Gujarati thalis which are worth trying.
- Anand Bhavan located near the temple is popular for the dosa idlis some lip-smacking sambar and chutneys.
- Ahaan Restaurant offers both Indian and international dishes and cuisines.
When in Kanyakumari:
- Hotel Sea View renowned for their chicken chilli and south Indian Thali. It is a multi-cuisine restaurant and serves many delicacies.
- Sangam Restaurant at Main road, kanyakumari is famous for its north Indian dishes and its excellent services and ambiance.
- Saravana Restaurant is a pure vegetarian restaurant at the sannathi street well known for its north and south Indian delicacies.
You will always remember the lip-smacking food had in Tamil Nadu even after years of visiting this state. Dosa, uthapam, idli like everyday south Indian dishes chennai and rameshwaram and freshly brewed coffee in Ooty will have a special place in your heart. Non veg dishes in Madurai and French dishes in Kodaikanal will leave a prominent taste on your palate!